Tuesday, September 28, 2010

What I Love Right Now

Time for another installment!




The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins--I'm aware that I'm nearly three years late to the party on this one, but I could not put this down all weekend.  Katniss is the perfect modern heroine, so intelligent and capable.  So brave and so strong.  The concept is fantastic (kinda like Survivor on steroids) and it's well executed.  I especially liked how fashion played such an important role in the story.  Too bad I finished it so fast and that I'm #550 in line at the library for Catching Fire!




Jello Mousse Temptations--so creamy, so decadent yet only 60 calories!  That means it's okay if I eat two.  My favorite flavors are the mint and the dark chocolate.  If you combine them with the first or the fourth item on this list, your enjoyment can be enhanced.




Unexpected Reunions--My dear, dear friend (and former roommate who now lives in Wyoming), Jessica, called me up out of the blue on Saturday and proposed a clandestine meeting in Park City.  Talk about a perfect day--gorgeous weather, pork salads at Cafe Rio, a nice stroll, some outlet shopping and fabulous conversation.  It doesn't get much better than that.



Mad Men Season 4--Don swims.  Sally gets to see the Beatles at Shea Stadium.  Joan wears glorious clothes.  Perfection.





This New Hairstyle--so easy!  I just divided my hair into three braids and twisted them into little knots.  A few bobby pins later, I was done.  I felt cute AND did my hair in less than 10 minutes.  (It's inspired by this look that I found in the Real Simple online newsletter. )




Adrienne Reed's Power Yoga (on UEN, channel 9 in UT)--Oh, how she is whipping me into shape!  I DVR her on Tuesdays and Thursdays and then pick what I want to work on based on what I have stored up (for example, today I did Core, which was a lot of ab work.  The other day I did Long Poses, where the goal was to hold each pose for 2 minutes).  Each class is about 30 minutes, so I can easily sneak in a session during nap time.  I try to do this twice a week.  My balance, strength, and flexibility have improved SO much.  Thank you, Adrienne!

What are YOU loving right now?

2 comments: