The siren song of my patent leather (peep-toe!) slingbacks was just too much for Sadie. She dug them out of my closet and decided to wear them to our movie night on Friday. I have to say, they really did complete her look.
The only problem was that she absolutely could not walk in them. She fell.
A lot.
She wouldn't take them off, though. She tried hold her arms out to help her balance while she walked (I wish I had pulled out the video camera because it was hilarious!!!!).
But it didn't work. It's just impossible to walk in heels 20 sizes too big (I barely manage in properly sized ones).
But she was persistent. She kept putting them back on and trying again. And no, wearing them on the wrong feet really didn't help matters.
Finally, she just stood in the middle of the room and didn't try to walk any more. Taking them off just wasn't an option. I was so inspired by her triumph in the face of adversity, I decided to skip the boots-and-opaque-tights look I've been sporting since November and wear the peep toes to church on Sunday. I felt much cuter than usual. And I didn't fall once (but I did have to use her arms-out-for-balance strategy more than once to pull that off).
I dedicate my success to Sadie. She reminded me that I have patent leather (peep toe!) slingbacks and that they are worth wearing. No matter what.
I dedicate my success to Sadie. She reminded me that I have patent leather (peep toe!) slingbacks and that they are worth wearing. No matter what.
Those faces are priceless! Makes me want to buy heels just for my girls to walk around in.
ReplyDelete(Unfortunately, some of us 6-footers have never worn them.. ;D)
This one made my day. :)
These pictures are going to undoubtedly show up later in Sadie's life, and I can't wait.
ReplyDeleteAfter seeing that first picture, I was totally expecting there to be a video of her doing the "single ladies" dance somewhere in this post :)
ReplyDeleteI think I might enjoy wearing those shoes as well. Who can resist patent leather slingback peep-toe heels?
ReplyDeleteDiapers and heels! I don't think Carrie Bradshaw would quite approve of this fashion faux pas, but you could always put Tessa in the heels and diapers and have a "Who Wore It Better?" poll...
ReplyDeleteLove this blog! I'm finally getting a chance to catch up on the back-posts... but what's up with the new look? I loved the deep pink of the old blog, wah, wah, wah!
Mimi