Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Tessa's Lullaby

As it turns out, one of the perks of being related to an amazingly talented composer is customized lullabies. With the delivery of each baby, my father-in-law has delivered a beautiful tune written especially for the new granddaughter. These lullabies are among the most treasured gifts I have ever received in my life. We just got Tessa's this week and I love it!

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, it is pretty cool. I was quite relieved to see Tessa's was in an easy key. The lullabies were getting more and more difficult with each kid. I can't even play Sadie's. But props to Grandpa Durham for writing a lullaby for each grandchild. Five so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing! My parents wrote one for my stillborn brother- I never even thought of writing one for our girls. What a great idea! Now you just need to find a personalized music-box maker... haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cool idea!! and this is random, but one of my closest friends, Carrie Christensen, got her master's in piano performance a number of years ago (from the U) and took a class from your father-in-law. I think it came up when I was telling her your baby blessing story - and she is the practice song person in her ward, so I thought she would appreciate the story.

    small world, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! How did we not know that???? That is, I must say, SUPER COOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about an mp3 of Carter playing it?

    I would love to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a treasure. It's like it's straight out of a fairy tale or a plot point from a really good romantic comedy.

    ReplyDelete