Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Random Thoughts

*I got a black eye while I was cleaning the hall closet yesterday. The Balderdash box fell off the top shelf and clocked me. Nailed in the eye by a game that rewards good lies. How ironic. Housewifery can be so dangerous.


*Tessa has two different colored eyes. The right eye is brownish and the left eye is blue. The condition is called Heterochromia Iridium. I have no idea if it will last, but for now she's impersonating Kate Bosworth exceedingly well.


*Chloe doesn't like first grade very much. She cries every morning when she has to leave. But it's a different kind of crying. Usually she screams and moans with dramatic flair. She puts on a show. Now she tries so hard to hold the tears in and be brave. I see her shoulders shake a bit when she walks down the block to catch the bus. She says it's because she misses me. It breaks my heart and I spend most of the day worrying about her. Today I slipped a picture of myself in her back pocket so I could be "with" her all day. She said it helped a little.

*If you put the Chocolate Mousse flavor of Yoplait Whips in the freezer, you can almost convince yourself you're eating ice cream. Almost.


*I've never seen Close Encounters of the Third Kind all the way through, so I NetFlixed it. We're going to watch it tonight. I'm making mashed potatoes for dinner in honor of my first full viewing.


What are YOUR random thoughts today?

2 comments:

  1. Hope you like Close Encounters.

    Random thoughts? Hmmm...

    What should I do with all this whole milk?

    Really? Quinoa muffins?

    Is quinoa a real word because blogger doesn't believe me when I spell it out.

    Vegan sugar? What isn't vegan about regular sugar?

    There is nothing more entertaining than a cat and a laser pen.

    My eyes hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your random thoughts post. I feel like I've had random thoughts a lot lately. Here are mine:

    Why did it take me two years to finally pull out my sewing machine after buying it, only to find that something is wrong, but it's past the warranty time? Argh.

    Should I keep the a/c on tonight, even though the temp outside isn't that hot (but it's 70% humidity and oh so sticky...)?

    Did I win the camera lens on ebay? I need to check.

    Why does Eli keep waking up crying? Do I go in or let him cry himself back to sleep?

    How am I going to get my freelance work done when I have no time during the day, and zero brain power at night and would rather read blogs? :)

    I am SO glad I had my IUD taken out today. Seven months of misery - now I feel lots better! (I'm not trying to get pregnant again already - but that form of birth control is not for me)

    Why did I use good scissors to open a package today? Now they're sticky. I hate when scissors are sticky from the packing tape.

    There are SO many shows on our DVR and I have no time to watch them.

    Why do I have dry lips when there is 70% humidity?

    Why are so many of my random thoughts negative? I need some happy random thoughts to counter the other ones.

    I love my OB. I can talk about any uncomfortable topic with him and it's not a big deal.

    I bought a huge 50 lb bag of popcorn from Sam's Club. That's more than a year's worth of popcorn. I can't wait to bust out the Whirly Pop and enjoy a bowl all to myself!

    Sorry for a few too many random thoughts! It was fun to jot them down :)

    ReplyDelete