We celebrated Miss Piper's fourth birthday this weekend. This terribly glamorous lady asked for shoes and skirts. My mom made her dreams come true. After Piper opened her third pair of shoes, my dad asked, "What is this? Sex and the City?" I laughed pretty hard at that. The above picture shows off not only one of her new outfits, but the fact that Aunt Laura gifted her with some pretty fantastic nail polish. She was psyched. I'm grateful she's finally willing to wear something other than her favorite outfit:
She honestly tries to wear this ensemble every single day. And it hurts my eyes (not to mention my fashion sensibilities). But she hasn't tried to wear it since she got new clothes Saturday, so fingers crossed it's permanently out of rotation.
We had a pool party for her Saturday afternoon. Everybody was pretty excited. And I managed to take about two pictures (none of which were of the actual birthday girl):
Maybe this one of Sadie sprinting towards the pool can give you an idea of why my camera was abandoned (the shot of her throwing her self into the water is missing--thank goodness for the brilliant floating device she was wearing). Unfortunately this wasn't the only time I neglected my camera this weekend (see above Blessing post). Oh, well. I think Carter got some good footage of the present opening on video. He is, after all, the professional in the family.
We ended the day at Chili's. Yum. After all the juice spilling and crayon dropping in the restaurant, we were all pretty exhausted. Piper had a great day, though. I cannot believe what a big girl she is. And I also can't believe that I gave birth three times in the last four years (especially since there were no multiples in there!). Crazy!
I'm glad she liked the fantastic nail polish. I think the packaging did say "I am fantastic". Looks like not only are her nails fantastic, but every inch of skin it dripped down is also fantastic.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Piper! What a big Diva. :)
ReplyDeleteTessa looks so much like Sadie to me in that picture!!