This could have been a dynamic post if I had had the presence of mind to pull out my camera before 90% of the guests had left. I'm trying not to beat myself up too much because I neglected to take one single picture of the last two blessings (um, my poor middle children are going to hate me!), so at least I did a little better this time.
Tessa was so good. Not a peep during the blessing and then she submitted happily to being passed amongst her friends and relatives. She was a little worn out by the end but still incredibly sweet!
And, for those interested in insane odds, "With Humble Heart" was the Sacrament hymn (Carter's dad wrote the music for this one). And this isn't the first time it was selected at one of our baby blessings. It happened all four times. Our poor organist was mortified yesterday when she learned that the author of the music was in the congregation as she played (nobody told her until afterward). Since the odds are astronomical for it to be selected randomly all those times (Tom actually calculated them and the number was terribly impressive), we're thinking maybe the music coordinator might have done it on purpose. But either way, it's pretty cool that hymn #171 was part of each of our baby's blessings!
Thank you to everyone who was there for us, both in body and spirit! Tessa's one lucky little lady to have so many people that love and care about her.
It's probably sacrilegious to have favorite ordinances. But yeah, I've been thinking about it and baby blessings are right up there with marriages for me :)
ReplyDeleteThat IS way cool that the hymn was at every baby blessing! Not a coincidence. Matt always leans over and says, "Carter's dad wrote this." Every time.
ReplyDeleteI don't remember it at Chloe's blessing. Not to say it didn't happen, but I can't say for sure it did. But I know for a fact that it was sung at Piper's, Sadie's, and Tessa's. And as far as I know, it was just randomly selected. Weird.
ReplyDeleteAs far as favorite ordinances, I'd have to put casting out evil spirits up there.
Congrats to the whole family. What a special day. And wonderful song... I'll always remember that now!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the blessing! She looks like a little fairy, so cuddly and sweet! What I would do to hold her! What a cute baby!
ReplyDelete