Thursday, August 20, 2009

Sadie's Best Sayings

Funny little Sadie has a way with words these days. Here are my top three favorite sayings that have been popping out of her mouth lately:

#1 Whenever Sadie starts crying, whining, grumping, groaning or moaning (which, with her being 2, happens more than I care to discuss), I ask her what's wrong. She'll screw up her face into the most dismayed expression she can muster and declare, "Mommy, I'm UPSET!"

#2 If you ask Sadie to tell you a story, she'll spout the following every time:

Once upon a time there was a princess. She ate a apple. Then the witch came. The end.

Such a thrilling little yarn, no?

#3 Sadie has decided she likes to chew gum (much to my horror). She comes up and says, "I promise not to swallow the gum. I promise!" That lets me know she'd like a piece. And because it tickles me so, she gets more pieces than she should.

And when you combine these quirky little sayings with this adorable mug, well, the result is extremely cute:

(Don't worry, her eyes aren't normally that dilated. This was taken just after her major eye exam/pre-surgery consult and she had some wicked drops in there!)

So cute it almost makes up for the nasty biting and pinching habits she's developed overnight. Almost but not quite. Her teeth are pretty sharp.

8 comments:

  1. I can't decide whether she looks more like Piper or Chloe there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give me some big anime eyes!

    I love the "mommy I'm upset." Love it.

    And just how much gum is too much? Because my two-year-olds are on a gum kick and they swallow it every time, too. I'm torn...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, good. I'm glad the eyes are reading "anime" instead of "stoner."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly neglected to write that it's "princess Zoey" every time. Every time. She's the one who eats an apple before the witch comes. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was looking at that picture...thinking "something is not right.."

    Dialated eyes. That's it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. #1 is the best! Sadie is so cute. But I'm sorry about the biting and pinching - that's not a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup, Sadie will have surgery October 9 to fix her blocked tear duct.

    ReplyDelete