Anyway, back to the point of this post. There were lots of special theme days last week. And these special days required special outfits. First up was Pirate Day. I couldn't think of a good costume (on so little sleep, that is), so I just put her in a black t-shirt. Ten minutes before we had to leave for the bus, Chloe produced a stuffed parrot and requested that it be affixed to her shoulder. A few safety pins later, we had what I consider a pretty great look. Genius, Chloe!
Cap'n Chloe and her first mate, Piper
The next day was Chloe's Patriotic Program at school. The note they sent home said to dress up in red, white, and blue. The only red, white and blue shirt in Chloe's wardrobe has the Union Jack on it (see Piper's shirt above) and I wasn't sure how appropriate that would considering she would be singing her guts out to "America the Beautiful" and "The Star-Spangled Banner" at the program. So we thought outside the color box and dressed her in her Statue of Liberty shirt (you can't get more patriotic than Lady Liberty, right?).
I added a red hoodie (to protect her from the rain and for a shot of color) and blue jeans. Et voila! Patriotic girl!
As you can see, Sadie was sporting some pretty fab accessories as well. I can't take credit at all. She selected and placed the sunglasses herself. Terribly glamorous for attending a kindergarten program, no?
The next day was simply Teddy Bear Day. No special outfits required. Just one stuffed bear, thank goodness (although Chloe spent a good two hours deciding which one to take). And then it was over. The one good thing about school being out is that we can go back to wearing our pajamas constantly. It's rough being a stylist for a kindergartener.
*Note: My brother just looked at these pictures and said the pirate "costume" is lame. He said I should have made a paper mache hook, an eye patch, and used some eyeliner on her. Yeah, in all my spare time. We're lucky I even remembered it was Pirate Day.
Nice of them to squeeze Patriotic Day in between Pirate Day and Teddy Bear Day. The founding fathers are rolling over in their graves.
ReplyDeleteIt bothers me when it says 1 comments. So I'm making it 2.
ReplyDelete