Thursday, September 22, 2011
My Pretty Little Butterfly
Sadie went to a birthday party and got her face painted. Now all the people in her drawings have their faces painted:
Yeah, she loved it and was mad when I had to clean it off. I loved it too and hated to be the murderer of happiness, but one can only wash pillowcases and sheets so many times. I'm glad the drawings continue to get their faces painted each day.
In other butterfly news, we let our six new butterflies go. We (meaning I) decided to raise another round of caterpillars when there was a Groupon offered for more larvae (we, meaning I, can't resist a deal). This time we got six. Their names were Skyler, Orangey, Glitter, Flighty, Bow, and I forget the last one. Anyway, there was less fanfare this time around. But all six made it to the butterfly stage (Bow had a close call when one of her brothers knocked her down into the pit of gross food). We just released them in the backyard. So if you see a painted lady butterfly and you suspect it's Skyler, Orangey, Glitter, Flighty, Bow, or the other guy, please give them our regards.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pineapple.
ReplyDeleteOhhh my chuckle. I'm so glad you are here to distract me for a while. ;D
ReplyDeleteThat is so pretty of Sadie!! My girls are nuts about face painting, too. We could be at Disneyland eating cotton candy and petting unicorns, but if they thought they'd missed out on face painting, they'd still feel deprived.
I've said it before, I'll say it again, and I'll keep on saying it forevermore. Maybe it's because I'm a 3rd born, but that Sadie...well...she's got a QUALITY! Her face painting seemed to amplify that "quality", and it really got my attention. She's gorgeous. She's mysterious. She's sultry. She's quantum. She's unpredictable. What a treasure.
ReplyDelete