Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Quotes of the Day

I am in the midst of a hellish week.  So hellish I can't even talk about it.  Not without crying, anyway.  And I don't feel like crying right now.  Let's just say I've already called June a complete wash and want the month stricken from my calendar (yeah, the next couple of weeks are going to be loooooong).   I'm about to declare the same for 2011 in general. (But it IS only June . . . there is time for redemption.  But not much.)  Maybe someday I'll feel better enough to write about what has transpired, but not now.

What I DO want to talk about is that even though I am having said hellish week, each of my children delighted me with the craziest quotes today.  You know, the type of little word gems that are so clever and pithy that, were we living in a college apartment, we'd write them down on The Quote Poster (true story, my roommates and I had one of those back in the day.  In our defense, lots of lady BYU students had them at the time).  Sadly, we don't have a poster.  But we do have a blog.  Here they are:

"Mommy, I don't just like to talk.  I LOVE to talk."  Chloe, reflecting on the school year and how she has supposedly learned to control her little talking problem, though admitting it is still quite a temptation.

"Mommy, can you please squeeze out all my hair juice?" Piper, upon exiting the shower after washing her hair.

"Sometimes three plus one equals four, but sometimes two plus two equals four."  Sadie, scaring the living daylights out of me.  No child I birthed should be able to spout such logical, mathematical insights at barely four years of age.

"I wan hug!" Tessa, warming my heart with the sentiment.  And relieving my mind--she's finally stringing together sentences.

With little people spouting lines like these, things can't be THAT bad, can they?

6 comments:

  1. Ha ha. I had a poor day too. What little joys they are to brighten it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kelly!! I'm so sorry you're having such a horrible week. And month and it's only June 8th. I hope things get better sooner than later. I'm glad your kids are saying cute things to make you smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, i've been meaning to contact you and haven't yet,,,but I hope things are getting better each day. I'm sorry! I'm glad your little ones are cheering you up! I hope June doesn't turn out to be that bad of a month,,,,,especially since it is only the 8th! Schools OUT:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope everything is okay Kelly, and that things get easier soon. I'm sorry, and am thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Sometimes three plus one equals four, but sometimes two plus two equals four." Sadie, scaring the living daylights out of me. No child I birthed should be able to spout such logical, mathematical insights at barely four years of age.

    I'm already on record stating there's a "je ne sais quoi" about your 3rd born!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quote board FOR SURE! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete