Friday, April 15, 2011

Fashionable Friday: What to Wear in London

As I type this, my sister is arriving in London, finding the appropriate train, and dropping her bags off at her hotel before setting off to see the National Gallery.  Yeah, I'm dying of jealousy, too. 

I got to help her pack for this business-mixed-with-pleasure trip last Saturday.  I know that probably doesn't sound like tons of fun, but if you have ever glimpsed into my sister's amazing closet, well, you'd know that it really was.  She was in a rush and had to run a bunch of errands, so she left me in her room to style some outfits for her suitcase (all while watching the William and Kate Royal Wedding specials she had on her TiVo).  I got to play dress up for over an hour and it was delightful.  Here are some things I put in the "take" pile:


This take on the classic trench is simply gorgeous.  The black piping and tiny little polka dots  really make this piece something special.  I've seen it in about six fashion magazines this spring.  And you should see the adorable bow detail on the back.  She scored this for under $70 at White House Black Market (honestly, the price per wear on this baby will be next to nothing as it will have a place in her closet forever).  It will be perfect for the spring rain in London! 




This dress is a fantastic jersey that will be terribly comfortable and will travel well.  I love it with the floral cardigan.  She's going to add a belt and some boots with tights--a perfect spring outfit.  While the dress is no longer available in this color, there is a nice green version still out there.

 
 I'm head over heels for the sailboat print tee.  It's comfortable but so stylish and quirky.  Paired with this sweater and jeans, she'll look like a well put together tourist.  (And you'd better believe I'm going to go buy a shirt of my own ASAP!)  Love it!


Oh, this bag!  It makes my heart sing.  She scooped it up last minute and I think it's the perfect travel purse.  I hope she'll let me borrow it.  As a matter of fact, I hope she'll let me borrow everything

She's promised to bring me back lots of prezzies (specifically, loads of Royal Wedding memorabilia).  And I can't wait to hear about all her adventures.  In the meantime, I am comforting myself with the AMAZING Royal Wedding App from MSNBC available for free on iTunes.  It has a countdown, news updates, loads of amazing pictures from Diana's wedding and lots of information about protocol and etiquette.  Can you tell I'm slightly obsessed with the upcoming nuptials?  Only 14 days to go . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment