I hope this kind of April shower (snow) still brings the May flowers. I've had it with the weather and the bad cases of cabin fever I've been dealing with. But, even the cruelest months have bright spots. I'm going to share in case YOUR April is feeling a little cruel. Oh, and I just peeked at the forecast. Things are looking up--no snow in the near future!
Bright Spot #1:

The DQ Blizzard of the month is Midnight Truffle. I can tell you from first-hand experience, it's even better than it looks. I'm even thankful this blasted month lasts another two weeks so that I have time to get another one.
Bright Spot #2:

I've been able to keep up on my daily yoga. I'm pretty sure my form is closer to Liz Lemon's than the svelte pregnant models featured in my prenatal video, but it's okay because it's kept my typical 3rd trimester aches and pains to a minimum. I have felt stronger and fitter than I usually do at this point, too. Unfortunately, I don't think even yoga is going to make these last few weeks of gestation pain-free (things are going downhill rapidly), but I AM thankful the positive effects have lasted this long.
Bright Spot #3:

I finally care about this season of American Idol! I was scared that after investing hours and hours in this show that I was NEVER going to be very interested. I mean, last season was just so good (I was a hardcore Jason Castro fan, but I also loved the Davids and Brooke and Carly). I was hooked instantly. This season just wasn't doing it for me. But I've slowly become exceedingly fond of Kris (he's my personal fav-- Piper really digs him, too) and I really loved Adam's Mad World performance. Hooray for caring! (Not that I actually vote. But at least I have a couple of people to root for!)
Bright Spot #4:
Unfortunately, this one isn't as widely available as the last three. Sadie cracked me up this week when she decided to chill out in the kitchen while I was cleaning. She stayed with me the whole time, talking to me. She's been my little buddy lately, following me wherever I go. She's been super cuddly, too. I think she may be sensing change in the air. Anyway, this picture makes me smile.
So what about you? What are your bright spots this April? Who is YOUR favorite Idol?
Man- you're April doesn't sound like it's being very nice. Good thing you've got a few bright spots. :)
ReplyDeleteI'll just be glad when Lil is gone and if Mr. "I'm-only-on-here-because-I-can-sing-high" doesn't end up winning. Anoop's voice is 10 times better, but he's not getting the votes because he's a lurp.
Bright spot- NO MORE SURGERIES TO LOOK AHEAD TO. We hopefully won't see the inside of the PICU ever again.
ReplyDeleteAmerican Idol- I lost track. I did like the Megan chick, but I heard she isn't good anymore. So.. I don't know.
I love that you were a Jason Castro fan. Those blue eyes got me every time. He was definitely a favorite. I'm also a HUGE Kris fan and when he sang Falling Slowly it sealed the deal. I loved Adam's Mad World performance -- sooo good, and I can appreciate his stage presence and his amazing vocals but I still can't get over his Burnin' Ring of Fire/Jeff Buckley train wreck. My bright spot?-- next week the high temps are going to be in the 70s.
ReplyDeleteI watched AI for the first time (this season) on Tuesday and I really like Adam Lambert. Thanks for the "Mad World" link.
ReplyDeleteBright spots: We'll hit 80 degrees this week!
Ohhhh...Kelly! That truffle shake looks pretty amazing! I am a truffle lover. Must try that one before the end of the month. One of my bright spots this month was witnessing my little boy turn one and begin walking! Yup.
ReplyDeleteI agree - April has been the worst month in Chicago too. Just when you're totally sick of winter weather, you get hit with snow and low temps. Today it's a strange 80-degree day and I really just wish we could have more 60 and 70 degree spring days!! But I'll take 80 over 40.
ReplyDeleteMy bright spots - Charlie smiling at me all the time. And favorite AI is Kris. I don't mind Matt's voice, but I don't like watching him sing.