Sadie is a huge fan of cell phones. She'll do anything to get her hands on one. Including channeling her inner Macgyver to somehow retrieve mine from (high!) hiding places. If I put it on the counter or zip it in my purse, it becomes her mission to get it back. Somehow she always manages to defy gravity and is dialing numbers before I even know it. And heaven help me if I forget and put it on my nightstand or something. Not only does she manage to make calls, she can access functions on it that I have never even heard of. I think she knows how to download ringtones. If you ever get a text that says it's from me, know that Sadie is probably behind it.
After getting some pretty strange charges on our bill, I decided to hand over my old cell phone to see if that would make her happy. Yes, I know if she dials 911 on it, I'll have a police squad here in no time, but it was the best alternative that I could think of! Toy phones just weren't cutting it. And I can't afford one more call to Tibet! For someone as tech savvy as Sadie, she was pretty easily fooled by the non-functioning cell. She carries it with her all the time. Even to sleep:


Please tell me that old, turned off cell phones with no SIM cards couldn't possibly cause brain tumors in children. Please. Because if they do, we're in trouble.
She is so cute. Does it have a camera on it? I think it would be pretty awesome if you asked her to document her day with the camera phone. I'd like to see that.
ReplyDeleteisn't it funny that they know the difference between the real and the fake? i can't understand how they know so young...
ReplyDelete"channeled her inner MacGuyver"
I think I'll call her... Mini Me.
ReplyDelete