Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Artist and The Maid

Sadie has developed a new passion:



"CUL-rrr," as she calls it. She spends a good deal of each day working on her masterpieces. Inevitably, her talent ends up off her paper:


Like this lovely bit of work on the wall.


Or this delightful piece on the kitchen tile. I wonder if Picasso's mom had to deal with this?



Anyway, I found a new solution (besides tearing my hair out). Product placement alert! I bought plenty of Mr. Clean Magic Eraser sponges and sent Chloe on a hunt for errant artwork by Sadie. The bored, off-track (as in school tracks-- our school is year-round and she's experiencing her first three week break of the year) Chloe LOVES this game. In fact, the other day she said, "Mommy, I want you to tell me to clean the house every day. Just like they tell Cinderella."

Okay!

6 comments:

  1. "Cinderelly Cinderelly night and day it's Cinderelly"

    Hey, as long as she thinks she's "playing"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...may I borrow Chloe for a few days? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the best!! Your own Cinderella?? I love that Mr. Clean eraser!! Be careful though - it can remove paint if you scrub too hard (we learned that when cleaning our condo the night before closing). It's especially great though on things like tile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, you are absolutely right! And it's dangerous on wood surfaces, too. But overall, it's the best product in the world at removing crayon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly I love to read your blog...they are so fun, detailed and clever...you must write a book someday....It was good to see you last night at the UCA concert..."Be Calm and Carry On" Love , Suzi

    ReplyDelete
  6. It reminds me of her crawling up the stairs and saying "dura, dura." As Dora is her preference at my house.

    ReplyDelete