Summer is quickly drawing to a close. I would be lying if I said I wasn't relieved. It's been a tough one. We moved and had to settle into a new town, which is always hard. But we managed to have some fun despite that monumental challenge. Here are some of the highlights:
We chilled by the pool for the 4th of July . . .
And enjoyed cotton candy and face painting at a street fair . . .
We hosted a princess tea party for our new friends in the neighborhood . . .
We went to a couple of tiki parties . . .
And had lots of fun when my sister-in-law's family came to town . . .
We relished the flavors at A Taste of the Valley 2012 . . .
. . . and the grocery store produce section was always kind to us!
We enjoyed the splash pad down the street many a time . . .
And always followed up our water play with an ice cream cone!
We dropped in on Daddy at his office several times . . . because we can do that now!
We went on a pirate treasure hunt . . .
And danced in the rain . . .
All in all, a pretty good summer.
Best of Summer 2012:
Our favorite Song: Coconut by Harry Nilsson (We have been known to form a conga line and dance around the island in our new kitchen! You should hear Tessa sing it. SO CUTE!)
Our favorite Movie: Brave
Our favorite Summer Recipe: White Bean and Tuna Panzanella (Okay, I'm the only one that will eat this. I use sourdough bread and substitute cucumber for the pickles. And I leave out the onions. I cannot stop making it!)
Our favorite App: Instagram (which is why I have become such a lousy blogger lately!)
Our favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Blue Bell Banana Split
Our Favorite Hang Out: The Barn (I can't count how many shave ices we ate!)
Our Favorite Olympic Event: Women's Gymnastics All-Round Final (Thank you, Jenny and Taylor!)
Special Note: Sorry for the blurry pictures. I could blame my iPhone camera (the only working one that I have). I could also blame the little girls that don't like to hold still. Your patience is appreciated!
I was going to say Tessa is the cutest (that picture of her lounging by the pool is awesome). But then when I went through all the photos all your girls are the cutest things.
ReplyDeleteI want to try your panzanella! I've never even heard of it.
I am just so thrilled for you guys about your new location- it seems like it's just perfect for you!! That is still my favorite shot by the pool, ha.
ReplyDeleteWe just saw Brave for the first time a couple of days ago. I had been bossing my daughter around telling her she had to come with us to the movie because there was no one to stay home with her, having no clue that the main plot line was about a bossy mom getting taught a lesson. It was great.
I forgot to list their favorite saying! They would say, "I don't LIKE [watermelon, playing at the park, etc]. I LOVE IT!!!" Pretty funny.
ReplyDeleteso picture perfect. They are going to love looking back at their awesome childhood!
ReplyDelete#1. Best blog post title EVER! Love all the pictures and the "best of" section. Great idea to document it all!
ReplyDelete#2. Love that you and Brooke are "sisters." Love! Who would have EVER thought? Still can't get over it. Obviously.
#3. That sister hug in the rain MUST be framed!
Correction, Wendy—the best blog post title ever is of course, "Incisor Trading."
ReplyDeletehttp://kellsbelles.blogspot.com/search?q=incisor