Saturday, May 12, 2012

Fun.

No, I'm not talking about the band.  Although this song has gotten a lot of play at our house.  I'm talking about the noun.  After a couple of brutal months, we've actually been having a lot of it lately. 

Where to begin?  I guess I'll go with my favorite.  In a gesture of gratitude, some friends of the family offered us symphony tickets.  (Carter edited this video for their son as a favor and they wanted to say thanks.)  We had a choice between some requiem or another and THE BEATLES.  Yes, we jumped on The Classical Mystery Tour tickets.  It was so, so cool.  First of all, I love any excused to get dressed up and go out to eat.  But add in a Beatles cover band was accompanied by the Utah Symphony and you wind up with one of the most perfect nights I've had in a long time.  The Paul McCartney was excellent (which is the most important factor in how much I enjoy a Beatles cover band, by the way).  I grinned the whole time.  They brought down the house.  I've never danced at the symphony before, but I did that night!



Last weekend we went to Lagoon for Piper's last dance competition of the season.  She was fabulous and brave in front of the crowds. 




She got first place again for her freestyle!

We also rode the rides.  The girls loved it.



 Chloe checking out the description of the scariest roller coaster I've ever been on!



 Sadie had to defend her swan when a little boy tried to shove her off.  Needless to say, he was the one that left that altercation in tears.

 Tessa at the top of the Ferris Wheel.  She was so brave that day.



 It was a bit exhausting . . .

The weekend before that I got to do a special birthday sleepover with my sister.  So. Much. Fun.  We ate wonderful food, explored City Creek (my first official trip), and had lots of good conversation.  I love my sister so much and I was so glad we got to do this little celebration in honor of her birthday.


 Brunch at Market Street.  Those are King Crab Eggs Benedict and Blueberry Wild Rice Pancakes.  So good!


 Apple Pie Apples from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.  Amazing.



I'm so thankful we had a couple of weeks of peace and rest and fun before life got crazy again this week.  Not quite ready to delve into that bit just yet, but this week actually topped all others in 2012 for insanity.  Stay tuned for THAT update . . . it'll be a doozy. 


1 comment:

  1. i had to say hi now that i'm finally catching up on reading blogs. (i'm really supposed to be either working or looking for rental places. oh well.) and i'm glad you had fun with your sis! i love times with them. and what's the crazy?! i had thought you guys were past that now! all i have to say is i am so happy we're headed back to provo b/c i WILL be calling you to hang out with our girls. and skinny jeans. i'm still too scared. you must post a pic because i'm sure you look awesome and you might as well make all of us wish to look as good.

    ReplyDelete