Sadie's birthday comes first. Her actual birthday came on the most chaotic day in recent memory, but we managed to eat out both lunch and dinner to help focus on the birthday girl. Plus, I got to do a birthday presentation for her at school (showing family pictures and sharing a fact sheet with her preschool buddies).
Chick-Fil-A birthday lunch. Sadie asked me to explain why there were cows all over a chicken place. She thought their marketing strategy was terribly clever after she understood it!
Decked out with the crown and wand they gave her at preschool
SmashBurger for birthday dinner
But, of course, there had to be a party. This year I was keen to separate the celebrations (up to this point, we've done joint birthday parties for Sadie and Tessa). Sadie's one wish for her birthday this year was to "pet a pink pig that's not muddy." Not exactly the easiest request to fulfill, I'll tell you.
Yep, she petted that little clean, pink friend in the background
But it happened! Wheeler Farm was just what we needed to fit the bill. Sadie got to bring her best friend with her. We petted animals, played at a playground, and took a lovely wagon ride. I think our birthday girl was happy.
By the Rabbit Hutch
On the Wagon
Tessa's birthday was the next day, on Mother's Day. I cannot believe she's three now!
We went to church and then had a family party at home. She got a new baby and a stroller. She was thrilled!
She also had some Dora cupcakes. My parents flew into town that day and got to participate in the festivities. Her celebration extended through the week. We took the train downtown to enjoy City Creek. We also had a day of swimming. It's always fun when my folks are around!
A little mid-week picnic we had at the park
Sadie loves a good train ride
A poolside milkshake. What more could a girl ask for?
My brother and sister-in-law hosted a pool party for the family all day yesterday. As usual, I was too busy making sure nobody drowned to get good photos!
And while I guess I succeeded in separating out their parties, I didn't separate them here. Oh, well. There's always next year!
Tessa beside the pool cracks me up! What beautiful little dolls you have! Happy Birthday cuties!
ReplyDeleteWow- I can't believe Tessa is three already. I remember your posts of pregnancy and naming her like they were yesterday. Of course, I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that pic of her by the pool in the yellow with her toes sticking out- bah! Something about it.. maybe how little she looks compared to whoever is behind her. It just makes me melt. :)
Way to keep four kids alive in a pool! It IS impossible to get pics- drives me nuts.
Wow. Can you say, dominant genes? ;)
ReplyDelete