I realize I'm overdue for a life/update post. And I have about three planned. But life has taken some crazy twists and turns this week and I just can't stomach those today. Instead, we're going to distract ourselves on this lovely Friday with some fashion fun.
Skinny jeans. The ubiquitous trend that has been hanging around season after season. They are absolutely not right for my body shape. Emphasizing hips and thighs just aren't a good idea for me. Plus, there's the fact I have had four kids. I have abstained completely in fear that I will look like this:
All belly, all the time. Adorable on a toddler. Not so adorable for a non-pregnant grown-up. I've seen a lot of regrettable applications of the skinny jean in real life. I didn't want to be one of those. For the past three years, I've stuck to trouser cut jeans while everybody has been tucking their skinny jeans into boots. But then a new iteration popped up this spring: the colored skinny jean. I could not escape temptation as every fashion blog and magazine had them. And then my favorite fashion icon sported some:
Plus, I got sick and lost a fair amount of weight. So if ever there was a time to try these terrifying pants, it was now. I spent a weekend scouring the new City Creek Center (which is completely amazing!) trying to find the right pair for me. I met my perfect, coral match at The Limited:
Of all the ones I tried, these had the right amount of stretch and the perfect rise for a woman (as opposed to the teenage girl). And they're on sale! Granted, I did not dare to get them so tight. I sized up so that they're not SO skinny. I've had them about a week now (of course the store was out of my size in the color I wanted, so I had to order them). I can't stop wearing them. So comfortable and so many ways to style! I'm still not quite confident enough to post pictures on the internet, but Piper drew me wearing them. I think I look great--so long and lean!
Now I just need this blazer from J Crew and I will be just like Kate*!
*Both Katie Middleton and Kate Rose, my sis. She bought this the same day I bought the jeans. I am saving my pennies for this investment piece.




Look at you getting all converted! They're quite comfy & flattering (if you find the right pair) Glad you gave them a shot :)
ReplyDeleteI feel like my skinny jeans are the only jeans I like to wear now. I LOVE your coral jeans. So cute and you can pull them off quite well.
ReplyDeletePeople have GOT to stop using the phrase "pull them off" in regards to these pants. How is a smart aleck like myself supposed to hold back?
ReplyDelete