Monday, July 25, 2011

Cedar City Jaunt

Carter and I traveled to exotic Cedar City last week to celebrate our ELEVENTH anniversary (seriously, can't believe we've been married over a decade now!).  We left the children in Becky's capable hands (coming home to see their cute Pioneer Day crafts made me so happy--she is such an amazing grandmother!) and took off on a road trip with our dear friends, the Elsmores.

Here are the highlights:

*Enjoying the extra special atmosphere at the Shakespeare Festival (yep, they changed the name!) during the 50th anniversary season.



*Seeing Harry Potter 7, Part 2!  LOVED IT!  I had to get a photo of the Hogwarts the little Cedar City theater built in honor of the last film in this beloved series.



*Giggling at the marvelous performance of A Midsummer Night's Dream.  You know how I feel about seeing plays in the Adams Theater, but this felt even more magical than usual . . .



 *Randomly running into my former college roommate/fellow Diva in the gift shop.  And then fitting in a breakfast the next morning to celebrate the providential reunion!

 Look!  I'm cross-eyed with delight!  I still struggle with figuring out where to look at iPhone cameras!  I hope the pictures on her camera turned out better than the one on mine.

*Taking in sights at Cedar Breaks.  This was the first time I've ever been without children.  Let me tell you, the quiet combined with the lack of terror at children leaning too far over the fence was delightful!





*Showing the Elsmores around the sights of Cedar City.

It's the Carter Carillon, so he had to get a picture.  Oh, and if you're curious about his "Blimpception" shirt, click here to see what it's all about.
 

*Eating at Milt's Stage Shop.  We hadn't eaten there since our honeymoon, so it was a fitting way to celebrate.

*Lounging by the pool.  Lounging in bed in the mornings. Lounging in general at the El Rey Inn.

*Thinking up and answering "deep" questions with the Elsmores.  Josh and Emily are such fantastic traveling companions!

Yes, even though the trip was only a little over 48 hours, we managed to pack in a lot of fun.  And I'm thankful we were able to keep up our tradition (woohoo!  Three years in a row!) of visiting the Shakespeare Festival despite all the craziness of the past few months.  It was EXACTLY what I needed.

6 comments:

  1. Seriously? "The Utah Shakespeare Festival?" That is gonna be hard to get used to..... So weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary you two! What a fun getaway. and ARE YOU KIDDING ME with the random Diva reunion?!???? Seriously?! What can I say, you both have great taste in entertainment.

    ps, Carter. LOVE Blimpception. We've watched it like 20 times already. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Brooke. Looks like you ALSO have great taste in entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah. It totally bugged me when they changed the name. Especially since I made all these signs for a show of theirs we were traveling. Their PR person emailed me and asked me to change it and I was like, "Um...no, it's Shakespearean Festival." It's going to take some time.

    I'm going in two weeks! So excited.

    I want your blue purse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was a SUPER time! Thanks for extending the invite to posse couples!! We may have to join you again and again and again! Counter One Man Band Diner......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to say my pics didn't turn out any better, but who cares? We SAW EACH OTHER!!! Can't wait to go back next year--should we make this a tradition?

    xoox
    J

    ReplyDelete