Saturday, May 14, 2011

Birthday Week

The first bit of May is always exciting at our house because it's Birthday Week.  A mere four days separate the anniversaries of the births of our two wee ones.  We got to celebrate Sadie and Tessa joining our family four years ago and two years ago, respectively, this past week. 

Sadie's big day came first.  She got the doctor kit she had been pining for.



Side Note:  Dr. Sadie has already put it to good use.  I had to visit my dermatologist this week and she had to come along with me (um, it was like the BEST appointment ever because my doctor asked me if anyone had ever told me I look like Kate Middleton.  I almost wept with joy).  Sadie insisted on bringing her kit along and helped give me my skin cancer screening.  My new BFF (aka my dermatologist who thinks I look like Kate Middleton) got a real kick out of it.

Aunt Katie's birthday was just a few days before Sadie's, so we celebrated all three birthday girls on Sunday (which also happened to be Mother's Day, as you'll recall.  We seriously partied that day!).  The cake was SO good!




Tessa's birthday was yesterday and it was definitely a low key affair.  We tried to accept the fact that she's no longer a baby, but she humored us by pretending to be one when we just couldn't face that fact!



She got some stuffed Backyardigans, some singing Little Einstein dolls, and a singing birthday cake from her grandmothers.  She was in heaven.  We also took everybody to McDonald's for dinner, which just thrilled the children.  I had to eat one and half chocolate sundaes to get through it (I won't lie, play areas at fast food restaurants FREAK me out because of how dirty they are.  But since it was a special day, I let it go.  With the help of lots of chocolate and ice cream, that is!).

Today we had our Birthday Extravaganza outing to the zoo.  Yep, I'm still combining parties for the little ones (and I will until one of them complains about it).  Uncle Barrett and Aunt Allie joined the fun.  It was Tessa's first trip to the zoo and she loved it.  She'd personally greet each animal we saw.  "Hello, Giraffe!  Bye, bye, Giraffe!"  So precious. 


The birthday girls got new matching hippopotamus dresses and barrettes to wear.  Chloe was annoyed because Piper wore her turtle dress.  That meant Chloe was the only one not wearing an animal on her clothing, so I let her wear the extra elephant barrettes that came with the hippos.  She said, "Thank you for letting me wear these so I could be more zoo-ish!"


This is the elephant baby, Zuri.  She is adorable!  And she does headstands!


Our zoo is doing a really cool "Zoorassic Park" theme this summer, so there were animatronic dinosaurs all over the place.  The girls loved them (especially the one that spit water at them).  There was also a dinosaur show that Carter ended up starring in (when the man asked who wanted to embarrass their parent, Chloe threw such a spaz fit that Carter was selected to be the weird dino attacking the Utahceratops--yep, there's really a dinosaur called that).  I think Carter was thoroughly humiliated by the end, so Chloe got her wish.




It was so much fun to see the girls together having fun.  I know we'll remember this week's celebrations for a long time!  And also, how my dermatologist told me I looked like Kate Middleton.  That was really spectacular.

2 comments:

  1. I totally see the resemblance!! I love it. Now I'm going to always think of you Kelly when I see a picture of Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your doctor about Kate. And I love how much you got to celebrate this last week!

    ReplyDelete