I thought Chloe would really enjoy a trip to an art museum.
I think she would have, if, you know, she hadn't been hungry/tired of standing/dealing with an exceedingly painful hangnail. Yeah, she kind of complained the whole time. Oh, well. I enjoyed myself. We splurged and got the interactive iPad that you could check out from the museum. Carter really liked the specially designed app that gave commentaries, quotes, and explanations of the paintings. I was a little bit disappointed because the commentaries were more religious in nature than what I expected (I like museum guidebooks scholarly, thank you very much). But still, it was a lovely experience. Christ in Gethsemane was my favorite. Christ with A Young Child was a close second.
Can you spot me observing Christus Consolator? Yeah, I had a hard time, too!
After that, we went for a stroll around campus (complete with a stop at the Cougar Eat to help Chloe feel less hungry). Obviously I had to buy some chocolate covered cinnamon bears as well. I hadn't been to campus in ages, so it was fun to reminisce. On way to pick up the other kids, I even had Carter drive past some of our old apartments (hello, King Henry!) so that we could show Chloe where our courtship and early days of marriage occurred. I thoroughly enjoyed my trip down Memory Lane today (even if I got illogically jealous of a girl pouring over a Shakespeare book whilst downing a burger from Scoreboard Grill--I miss those days!).
Chloe really liked campus a lot. We may have a future Cougar on our hands!





The chocolate covered cinnamon bears at BYU are the best!
ReplyDeleteDid you show her where we used to hold hands so people would wonder if we were LOVE-UHS? LOL
ReplyDeleteWhat about the place where "we" smuggled in Zuka juices?
Or how about the ugly-dress-section of the bookstore?
xoxo
I think I spotted you in front of the Christus Consolator, you are that man squatting, right?
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, I am also a fan of those awesome chocolate covered cinnamon bears.