Saturday, January 29, 2011

Piper's Dance Recital

We attended Piper's very first dance recital today.  Miss Piper started clogging lessons this fall and was eager to show off her skills in front of other students and parents.  And the  patients at the retirement community where it was held.  Pipes was also eager to break out her brand-spanking-new costume she got last week and put on the make-up her teacher asked the girls to wear (it killed me to tart up my 5-year-old, but we complied). 



 I have to say, Piper's team got the best costumes.  They all looked so cute!



Speaking of costumes, I realized last week that my children are starting to figure out that I stink at homemaking skills.  I walked into the dance studio to pick Piper up only to find her announcing to her entire class, her teacher, and all the other mothers that her mommy doesn't know how to sew at all.  What was I required to sew?  Two stitches to connect her shrug to her dress.  Thanks for the vote of confidence, Pipes.  And for the record, I totally managed.  Alright, I just barely managed.  But I got the job done, okay?

Now, without further ado, I present Piper's dancing debut:



What she lacks in rhythm, timing, or knowledge of the routine, she more than makes up for with charisma!

Yeah!

4 comments:

  1. I was gonna say "Is that a costume? 'Cause that looks like something Piper would wear any day...."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhkay now, that was freaking cute- even for a tart with a mom who can't sew a stitch. ;) She hit all the best parts right on cue. What a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a clogger when I was her age, and loved it! My mom might still have my shoes. It's sad when our children start to realize that their parents are not perfect, or they have no faith in our abilities. Will hates it when I offer to help with his homework, he would much rather have Chris help. Oh and can i just say that I loved that the recital was at a retirement center! Ha, that was actually smart, you can count on a crowd and they will love anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you say she doesn't have rhythm...

    ReplyDelete