*Solving murder mysteries
The winemaker, the priest, the soccer player/waiter, the gangster
The fortune teller, the gold digger, the lady gangster, and the mama/chef
For our quarterly Posse Date Night, the Kelleys hosted a mystery dinner. It was set in New York at an Italian restaurant. I've done exactly two of these dinners in my life and Carter has been the murderer both times. I'm starting to worry . . . but we had so much fun and laughed hard.
*Attending weddings
It is impossible to get a good group shot these days. Chloe is unhappy in this one, but Sadie copying Piper cracks me up!
Chloe perked up when I let her take some pictures. This portrait is by her.
Piper needed a turn after that. This one was hers. That camera kept them occupied for some time!
Carter's cousin, Molly, got married and we got to go. We also attended her reception two weeks later, but I was too busy trying to keep the kids away from the cupcake display and the candy table to take any pictures that night!
*Hanging out with my family
My parents came to visit for a week, so we did a lot of swimming (again, not many pictures because it takes a whole lot of concentration to watch four kids in a pool).
And a lot of eating out! We also became avid Bananagrams fans, a game that I am really terrible at. I think I won 2 out of 5086 games. I loved having my parents here for a little bit of their two month stint on the mainland. They're back on their island now and I'm not sure if they'll ever come back . . . but they said we could visit them!
*Trying out new hairstyles
Before
Sadie had been refusing to let me wash or brush her hair without MAJOR drama for several weeks before I made good on my threat to cut her hair. We're both much happier for it. Gotta love a bob!
After
Meanwhile, Tessa gave pigtails a try. She wasn't a fan. But she sure looked cute!
*Attending picnics in the park
We drove down to Provo for Carter's company picnic on Friday. The girls were wowed by the giant bounce houses, the ice cream cart with unlimited treats, and the rubber ducky races. It was lovely, but between the harrowing drive (during rush hour construction with kids SCREAMING in the backseat the whole way) and the creek that ran through the park (shallow, but deep enough to drown in!), I was a nervous wreck. We went to our church picnic the next night and that one had snow cones, a parade, cotton candy, and relay races. It was quite the weekend.
*Learning how to walk
As you can see by this sequence, Tessa has mastered the art of standing up unassisted. She is also a true toddler now, staggering around everywhere she goes. It's been hard watching her fall down so many times while she masters this new skill, but seeing the utter joy rush across her face when she makes it to the spot where she wants to go is really something to behold. That never gets old, even the fourth time around!
*Attempting to potty train daughter #3
No photos. You can thank me later. But you'll probably have to visit me in the insane asylum to do it because ARRRGGHH it's not going well! I'm almost as bad at potty training as I am at Bananagrams!
*Waiting around to ride the kick up three levels of consciousness
Yeah, Carter and I saw Inception. I loved it, but I'm not entirely sure it made sense. Nothing to do but go see it again . . .
So that's what we've been up to. What have YOU been doing?

Fun post Kelly! You have been busy!! I liked your catch-up post. For some reason blogger isn't letting me post tonight and it's driving me crazy but I keep hoping it will work (which is why I'm up until 1 a.m. - silly). Those pictures of Tessa toward the end are soooo cute. I love 1-year-olds learning to walk! The stagger is awesome. The falls are cringe-worthy. But the light in their eyes is priceless.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with potty training! We have been working at it with Eli since... March or April?? I can't remember exactly. He is much better now but still has accidents occasionally. And nighttime is still a ways away.............. yuck. potty training is so gross.
What a fun month (minus the potty training)! Everyone I talk to is raving about Inception. I'm regretting not seeing it w/ Harley while my mom was here and I had the chance...
ReplyDeleteGo Tessa!
Love your beautiful family! Random comments on your post, etc.: we love Bananagrams too--except I'm not so great either, probably because I'm always trying to do long words like "subterfuge" or "nihilism." Tessa looks super cute with pigtails (as does Sadie with a bob). Love the updated Chloe-isms. Am tempted to read entire plot summary of Inception on moviespoiler.com before seeing it so I can understand what's going on. Just requested Lonely Polygamist from library.
ReplyDeleteLooks great! I can't believe how old Tessa looks. She's lost that baby-ness and now looks like a toddler. Wow!
ReplyDeleteWe missed you guys on Friday night! We have to plan our next get-together soon.
I'VE been dropping by your house to give you your Much Ado tickets! But you aren't ever there. And now I know why :) Busy busy busy.
ReplyDeleteNo worries, I'll try again today as I have to "water the plants" at the Durham home. Looks like you are packing in a great summer though.