One year ago today, my little Tessa Kate was born. In some ways it seems like it was just last month that we brought her home from the hospital to meet her sisters. In other ways, it seems like it's been ten years since she joined the family (1 month with 3 kids in diapers can feel like three years, believe me). Yes, this has been a year full of the good (Four beautiful little girls in my life! An easy baby that sleeps and eats well with hardly any crying! A trip to Hawaii and Las Vegas!), the bad (
Three different kids requiring surgery in less than 12 months! Five months with three kids in diapers!), and the ugly (that broken tailbone situation that required ten months and a chiropractor to heal! Facing the fact that I had to lose all the pregnancy weight
again! Three bouts of mastitis!). But we survived. That alone would be reason enough to celebrate. But there's more!
Tessa is the last baby I will ever have. Because of this, I have really savored watching her grow this year. She is incredibly sweet and oh so adorable. I feel so blessed that she is part of our family and I don't want to even imagine our lives without her. I can't believe how much she's changed in these last months:
On her actual day of birth
Month 1
Month 2
Month 3
Month 4
Month 5
Month 6
Month 7
Month 8
Month 9
Month 10
Month 11
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TESSA!!!
I can't wait to see what this next year will bring.
Happy Birthday Tessa! She is precious - I just want to pinch those cheeks!
ReplyDeleteThat is QUITE the year! (even if it wasn't all happening to Tessa) Happy happy birthday to your darling Tessa - she is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteShe is such a little Becky! Happy Birthday Tessa!
ReplyDeleteAwwwww! What a difference a year makes! Love Tessa Kate and can't wait to meet her in Denver in less than a month! Happy birthday, precious Tessa!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Auntie Mimi
I love how round she is! Eli was my round baby, and also my best and happiest. I'm glad that there was much happiness despite the bad this past year for you, and a good baby always helps. Happy Birthday Tessa, and way to go Kelly!
ReplyDeleteThe last baby you'll ever have? This is the first I've heard of this.
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful baby girl. I think she is starting to like me!
ReplyDeleteI loved seeing the month-by-month progression! She really is all grown up!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on losing all the baby weight. Awesome. I think I still have about 5 lbs from each of my kiddos?
No way can this next year be as eventful...
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Tessa! Happy 1 Year Mark of Your Last Baby Kelly!
lol @ Carter's comment.
Wow- this really has been quite a year for you guys. I still love how you discovered that you accidentally named Tessa the perfect name- that blows my mind!
ReplyDeleteThose photos!! Look at this gorgeous girl with all that HAIR!!!!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete(Sorry I was accidentally signed in as my mom--Marsha--because I'm on my parents' computer)
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday Tessa! You are a beautiful, perfect little baby :) And congrats on a VERY big year Kelly. You deserve a break. How about a weekend off at the end of the month??
Gwendolyn, if you ever get put in charge of planning one of these GeDiva Conventions, I think you'll see it's ANYTHING but a "weekend off".
ReplyDeleteGood one, by Carter. Oh how I love that Men in Black picture of Tessa.... she was so confused when she came out. "Eyes open? Closed? What do I do with my lips?"
ReplyDeleteShe is such a sweetheart.