Sadie's big day was Saturday. Her celebration started the day before when I let her open all the presents that Grandma Rose sent. She loved The Princess and The Frog dress ups (including light up high heels) and the xylophone so very much.
On her actual birthday, we had a joint birthday party for her and for Tessa. Their birthdays are only a few days apart (which I barely noticed last year but REALLY felt this year--I don't know how we'll do things in the future, but this seemed like a good solution for how young they are. Plus, you can only inflict so many kids' birthday parties on your incredibly supportive family, you know?) I did make two cakes (Strawberry with cream cheese frosting per Sadie's request and a Funfetti for Tess) and got two kinds of ice cream (Neapolitan for Sadie and Tessa's new favorite from Vegas, Rocky Road). We had a great turn out: Grandma, Aunties Laura and Lisa, Uncles Taylor, Barrett, Josh, plus cousin Jack. The perfect crowd.
Tessa really liked that cake. I think Sadie liked hers too. I know for sure she liked the games. I asked her what she wanted her party to be like and she said she wanted to play Red Light/Green Light, Duck Duck Goose, and Tag. We did those things, along with a couple of relay races and Pin The Tail On the Donkey. Chloe even taught us a game called Run, Rabbit, Run (how can I resist a game bearing the same moniker as my favorite John Updike novel?). Sadie seemed to like it.
As you can see in this picture of her being the fox in the Rabbit game, she also got her beloved Lelli Kelly Shoes. For about three months, she has been saying she wants these shoes. I blame the horrific, mind controlling commercials on TV. When I would ask her what else she wanted, she'd just say more Lelli Kelly shoes. I almost died when I discovered how much they cost. Lucky for me I found great knock-offs at Target (I got her two pairs for less than half of what a real pair cost). She was completely fooled and wore them with great relish. (Sadie, if you're 15 and reading this, I owe you a pair of designer shoes. IF your foot has stopped growing, that is. I just couldn't spent that kind of cash on shoes you could only wear for a few months. I'm sorry!)
After the party, we headed to the Mayan for dinner. I, of course, forgot my camera. If I had remembered, you would now be enjoying pictures of the girls gawking at the cliff divers and oohing over the waterfalls and the tree house. It was quite the adventure.
Overall, I think Sadie had a good day. But I can't believe she's such a big girl now!!!!

Yay! It was a fun birthday party.
ReplyDeleteIn 20 years you'll post about their joint wedding reception...
I can't believe how big your girls are getting. Tessa almost one!? Where did that year go? Does this mean... are your nursing days over? Really?! WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday one and all!
Happy Birthday to Sadie! I can't believe that they are marketing shoes to toddlers! Toys I get, but SHOES?
ReplyDeleteI really wanted to come to dinner- but since Josh didn't jump up on his feet at the offer I figured I shouldn't push it. Then around 6:00 he came downstairs and said "What time are they going to dinner, let's go.."
ReplyDeleteYeah. Duh.
It was a fun party none the less. I hope they had a good day.
Haha- I love the note to 15-year-old Sadie. I've been wondering about that a lot lately- what role will blogs play in our family history- in fifteen years? I didn't have INTERNET fifteen years ago. What is going to happen?
ReplyDeleteWell, glad you had a great coupl-a b-days! I never thought of having the two-in-one dilemma without twins who share friends anyway- yikes!
Lady Sadie is looking so chic in her Carrie Bradshaw shoe phase and that haircut is aDORable! And I see you got the obligatory shot of a smeared cake and ice cream mouth for Tessa's first bday! Yay, now all your kids' first bdays are immortalized with cute smeary faces, so sweet!
ReplyDeleteLove you all,
Mimi
FANTASTIC!
ReplyDeleteI don't know how long it's been since I've seen your kiddos, but I am amazed at how old both girls look!
Was it Christmas?