Friday, April 16, 2010

My Favorite Things: Las Vegas Edition

Las Vegas was quite the experience.  I'm definitely considering it a trip instead of a vacation (it's quite clear that moms end up working three times as hard as usual to make family trips work!).  But there were definitely bright spots over the course of the week.  Here are my favorite things from The Las Vegas Trip:

*My Bumbleride made this trip work.  I couldn't have handled that many children on that many walks without it.  It maneuvered through crowded sidewalks like a dream and could turn on a dime with no problem (a huge plus when you're trying to squeeze in and out of tiny elevators).  The shocks were amazing--I saw a couple of other strollers not make it up onto curbs, but I had no trouble.  It got us from place to place in comfort and style.  If I had to give it back right now, I would say it was worth the price just for this trip.  I would also say it's worth its weight in gold, but it's way too light for that--more like 50 times its weight! Yes, I'm definitely in love!

*It may seem silly, but my Sephora Super Shimmer Lipgloss in Feverish Fuchsia helped me hold my head up high through all the stares and crazy comments I got.  I had a little sample size that I tried for the trip, but I will soon be purchasing a truckload of the stuff.  It's amazing!



*One of the perks of our hotel was that there was a (FREE!) laundry room right across the hall.  That made packing a little easier.  I LOVED using the new Purex 3 in 1 on the road.  I just needed one sheet to wash, soften, and remove static from the piles of laundry I did.  I'm a big fan.

*If I could only shop in one mall for the rest of my life, I would probably pick the Forum Shops at Caesar's Palace.  It has an amazing selection of shops (the shopping juju was strong there--I found the most amazing dress I have ever owned there!) and gorgeous fountains.  I loved the time I got to spend there (both with and without the kiddos).


*The best thing I ate all week was definitely The Humble Pie Sundae at Serendipity.  Half the fun was probably watching the girls' eyes bulge at the sight of the ice cream when the waitress brought it.  The other half was watching them slurp it down for the next 30 minutes.  They liked the Frozen Hot Chocolate the best, but I was all about that pie.  I'm thankful my sister told me about it (and insisted I take the girls to Serendipity in the first place).  Chloe said as we walked away, "Katie sure was right about that place!"


*After walking up and down The Strip 50 times, I decided the Venetian is my favorite hotel.  I'm drawn to the European themed hotels (previously The Paris was my favorite--we stayed there for our honeymoon.  But the Venetian hadn't been built yet).  I loved the boats and the shoppes (and that they spelled shops with an extra "p" and "e").  I even loved how they had Phantom of the Opera music playing 24/7.  I hope I get to stay there someday!


*This list could not be complete without my four favorite little girls.  They were, as all the random strangers pointed out, a handful.  But their enthusiasm was so cute that it made the trip for me.  I can't wait to take them for a Girls' Weekend in about ten years!!!

2 comments:

  1. Discovering the magic of a new place through a child's eyes... love it! I see AMAZING girls' trips in your future.

    Great tips! I love posts like these.

    Pictures of new dress please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you love your Bumbleride and that it made you adventure a little easier! I know I'm going to have to upgrade to a double when we have more kiddos.

    Oh, and you really must stay at the Venetian! We stayed there last year and its so fun - all of the rooms are suites and totally fabulous!

    ReplyDelete