Thursday, September 27, 2012

Falling for Fall

I absolutely adore Autumn.  It's my very favorite season.  We've been taking full advantage of the wonders of the season over here.

On Sunday, we took a drive up the canyon with my family.  We had a bonfire (my sister channeled her ability of hailing NYC cabs into the ability to hail passing cars and beg for matches--yep, we forgot those!) and enjoyed the gorgeous scenery.  Glorious!



 Group effort on the fire.  We pride ourselves on the fact that there isn't an Eagle Scout among us!  Maybe we shouldn't?!?





 Sadie was bound and determined to make fire before we obtained matches.



I also channeled my inner pioneer last week.  I went raspberry picking.  Twice!  Once with friends and once with our family.  We ended up with 17 pounds of raspberries.





What do you do with that many raspberries?  You make 40 jars of raspberry freezer jam.  My incredible new friend, Jennie, held my hand through the whole process.  I know, I know.  Hell must have frozen over because I participated in canning!  I feel like a legitimate Mormon now :)


 We made A LOT!

 And I still didn't use all the raspberries.  Since I never met a baked good I didn't love, I turned the rest of the raspberries into muffins using this wonderful recipe!

The girls have also started their dance classes (a fall rite of passage that we've just started).  They're so adorable.  And they like it so much!  They look forward to their classes all week.



And last but not least, I FINALLY organized our homework table.  Losing assignments and important papers is thankfully a thing of the past now!

 Before

After

We love Fall!  How about you?  What are your favorite Fall activities?

3 comments:

  1. You are a true Utah County Mom now! :)

    I want to go raspberry picking...

    Fall is my absolute favorite time of year too. October is my favorite month and I hope to make the most of it this year.

    Favorite fall activities:

    drives up the canyon (haven't done that yet)
    apple picking and cider donut eating (I did that in New England)
    jacket purchasing
    pumpkin bread baking
    Halloween decorating
    To Kill a Mockingbird watching
    new soup recipe trying

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat on the back, homemaker!!!

    Drool. Good thing I have a bunch of friends through which I can enjoy Fall vicariously! ;D I think I miss Fall more than snow. I guess I can't feel too bad, though- because I still get to go swimming, haha.

    K- the true test of organization... you have to post that desk again in two weeks. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you had Katie to acquire matches! That would have been a bunch of sad little gals to not get a fire. Next time just use the cigarette lighter in your car :)

    I must come see your new home and the girls!

    ReplyDelete