Chloe got baptized on February 5, 2011. It happened here:
The highlight of the program before the actual baptism was the musical number Carter's family did. The lady who was organizing this Stake baptism called me exactly four days in advance to ask if I could get one together. She called the right family! Tom, Carter's dad, arranged a special Teach Me to Walk in the Light that he, Becky, Lisa, Laura, Josh, and Carter sang acappella. Here they are at their first and only rehearsal 15 minutes before (these guys are so amazingly talented that it proved to be more than enough):
Chloe was very calm beforehand (even though she spent most of the day asking me how much longer she had to wait--she was very excited!). She posed for lots of pictures:
Chloe was confirmed right after the baptism. She was excited to wear the special baptism dress. This Christmas, I presented it to all four girls (it belongs to them all equally even though Chloe got to wear it first). It's nice to know we'll get a lot of use out of it. I'm glad I invested now and didn't repeat my blessing dress mistake (as in, not ever buying one!):
Kylie (Chloe's BFF) and Chloe
After all of that, we headed over to Tom and Becky's house for a fantastic party. I was overwhelmed by the amount of support Chloe had from our friends and family. Everything was purple, of course, because that's her favorite.
Carter with the Witnesses (my brothers, Taylor and Barrett)
Aunt Allie and Uncle Barrett
Wendy, one of my very best friends in the whole world, just happened to be in town that day. I'm so glad she was able to make it!
Chloe with her grandmother
Sadie, with her spit-out Jelly Bellies (I think she got a popcorn one--she hates those!)
I think the highlight of the night were the cupcakes from The Sweet Tooth Fairy. My grandfather was so sweet to get them for us. He wanted Chloe to have special treats on her special day. These babies are her favorite thing in the whole world:
Carter's cousin, Molly, baked and decorated a gorgeous cake just for Chloe. So good!
It was such a great party! We're so thankful to everyone who came. They were so excited for Chloe. They brought gifts and flowers and congratulated her like crazy. So wonderful!
The next day, Chloe was welcomed as the newest member of our ward at church. She was terribly poised as the counselor conducting read her introduction (for me, the highlight of that was when she said that her goal for the coming year was to finish the second grade!). And, of course, she was lovely in her gleaming white dress:
Chloe with her brand new set of scriptures. You can get a free copy of the Book of Mormon here!
I still can't get over the fact we have an eight-year-old at our house! I'm so proud of Chloe and the example she is for her older sisters. I hope the gospel will bring her as much happiness as it has for me and that she will always remember the way she felt on this very special day.






















What a great day!! I'm so impressed with everything that was done to make Chloe's big day so special. She looked beautiful in her baptism dress. And so fun that Wendy was there!!
ReplyDeleteYes, the Sweet Tooth Fairy cupcakes are CHLOE'S favorite. Right....
ReplyDeleteIt was a fun night, I'm so glad I was able to come and be part of it!
ReplyDeleteI am super impressed with Kelly's genius on several counts. I'll cite two:
1. The baptism dress for all four girls
2. The "kid's meals" in bags that were in the basement so the parents didn't have to spend the time feeding their kids, and the kids could all go downstairs and eat and play.
Brilliant.
But my favorite thing about this post is that picture of Sadie. I think I'm going to have to repost on Facebook because her expression is so perfect.
She looks like an angel!
ReplyDeleteAnd your diagnosis of Sadie's jellybean face made me laugh out loud.
I have no doubts about your amazing music. I remembered the Durham claim to fame while I was babysitting at my friends house and saw a book about the stories behind hymns of the church. I looked in the index, and lo and behoooooooold! ;) Pretty cool stuff.
Those cupcakes...
Those cupcakes.....
I so wish we could have been there. Will's baptism was the last big event I threw a party for and it was a lot of fun to do. Love the dress idea. We bought a suit coat for Will, and I think the day of his baptism was the only day he has ever worn it.
ReplyDeleteGood luck on the whole feeling old thing, I felt a little weird having an eight year old getting baptized and being pregnant, those two things just didn't seem to fit together for me.
Such a great day! Thanks for letting me be a part of it.
ReplyDeleteI can't get over that picture of Sadie. She cracks me up
It was such a special, wonderful day. Chloe really impressed me... as did that Durham musical number. It was really beautiful!
ReplyDelete