Monday, December 13, 2010

The Sundance Escape

Last week I had the supreme honor of seeing this gorgeous Diva getting hitched to her handsome prince:



The best part?  I wasn't alone:

 The Divas

All seven of these ladies flew in from all over the country to be there.  It was a glorious reunion--I think because we Divas got to be together on such a happy day.  The reception was on Wednesday night.  Very classy stuff!


Thanks for the great reception photos, Wendy!




Then, to make things even more delightful, three of us went in on a room together at the Sundance Resort (where all the festivities were held).  We had so much fun talking and giggling into the wee small hours of the night.  Luckily we could sleep in a bit the next morning.  And we had plenty of time to Divafy before the ceremony!


The breathtaking view from our back porch



Sally and I shared the loft with twin beds.  Even after twelve years, we automatically went our sides of the room from freshman year (I'm on the left, she's on the right)!  Roomies once and always!  And yes, that is a beautiful stream trickling past us in the background!




I think we spent at least 20 minutes trying to get a decent group shot of The Sleepover Friends with the timer on my camera!


 FINALLY! (I have a double chin, but it will do!)

The three of us (Sally, Emily, and I) met up with the other the non-bride Divas for breakfast at The Foundry Grill for eggs, flapjacks, and good conversation.  So fun.  Then it was time for the main event!


Photo from Wendy's camera!


Amber Diva and Wendy Diva were actually wearing the same dress from Shabby Apple.  But they styled it so differently (plus the dresses were different colors), you'd never know!  We thought it was pretty funny, though.  Hundreds of miles apart, they still shop at the same place :)



The wedding was beautiful.  There wasn't a dry eye in the room.  The Divas had an entire table at the luncheon afterward.   The bride's father even gave us a shout out during his speech.  It was awesome!  I have to say, it was one of the best weddings I have ever attended.  I'm so happy for Meindert and Nicole.  I'm so thankful I got to be there.  And I wish I would have taken more pictures (I may post more when I get some from the other girls!).

Anyway, this little 24 hour break was much needed.  I've had a rough month.  Things keep breaking (pipes, cars, vacuums).  My calendar is crazy (parties, events, church service, etc).  And, of course, a little thing called Christmas has required many hours of planning, shopping, preparation, baking, etc.  So yeah, taking a break from it all with girlfriends I love was the perfect antidote.  In fact, without it, I might have broken down when three out of four kids got the stomach flu three days later. 

Yay for breaks!  Yay for Divas!  Yay for Nicole and her fairy tale come true!

5 comments:

  1. Amen, amen, amen!

    Why does my arm look GINORM in that pic? Wow.

    SO glad so many of us were there. It was a truly wonderful wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was SO GREAT to be with everyone last week!! The wedding was beautiful. And let me know if you're not able to get the rest of the photos from Dropbox. There are lots more!

    So sorry about the kids and the stomach flu too. NOT fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so BUMMED I missed it! We were out of the country but I was thinking of her on her special day!! Where can we see pictures???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sad to have missed it. I'm so happy for Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the fun post. I absolutely loved that you've been there from day one! Thanks for your listening ear and encouragement. Dreams really do come true! Did you get my pictures via wetransfer? There are two cute ones of the Divas.

    ReplyDelete