Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Scenes From A Move

It's been a crazy couple of weeks.  We've been living in our new abode for about a week and half now.  I thought I'd give you a glimpse at what's gone down.

I need to explain the first three pictures.  When I was packing up our old house, the girls played outside a lot.  They created these beauties one day:

 By Chloe

 By Sadie

 By Piper

I was impressed by their creativity.  And that they came up with a great project all on their own!

 Sisters supporting sisters.  It's been an emotional roller coaster for the little ones, but they've been good friends to each other.

 New kitchen!  I took the on the day we picked up our keys.

 Drowning in boxes

 Our new NEIGHbors ;)  Seriously, we're country folk now.

 This was a thrilling day.  We had unpacked enough boxes from the garage that we could actually fit the van in there.  (Still working on getting the Honda in!)

 This was the day our utilities were mistakenly switched off. (Since we've been away ten years, I had forgotten how much I hate this town's utility company!) We took the day off from unpacking/organizing to take in Brave at the air conditioned movie theater down the street and then indulged in candy apples.

 The new rug I got for the entryway.  Thank you, Overstock.com, for your amazing sale last week!

 The Accessory Wall in my new WALK-IN closet! It needs a few tweaks, but I'm thrilled by the prospect of having everything out on display.

I'm loving the curtains in the bedroom!

We still have a lot of work left to get this house in shape, but I already feel so at home.  I'm exhausted (today I spent nearly four hours organizing the girls' closets) and never want to move again.  But I think this huge change is going to be great for us.  Stay tuned for more updates!

Also, a HUGE thanks to all the friends and family who helped us during this nutty time!  We love you!!!!


9 comments:

  1. Love your kitchen, and your accessory wall - that is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the girls' creativity! seriously - those pictures should be blown up and hung on the wall. so awesome!

    and seeing all your boxes makes me realize i have so much work to do in the next month. and we're moving to smaller closet space . . . what am i going to do with all our stuff?!

    so excited that we'll be in the same town! and what did the girls think of Brave?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to Shar! Print those pics and do a frame wall with those!!

    LOVE the accessory wall.

    HATE moving. So glad I'm not doing it next month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Suzette: Thank you!

    @Shar: LOVE the photo blow up idea! Thank you. Moving is the worst! I'm sending good vibes your way! The girls liked Brave a lot. So did I. The feminist in me rejoiced that there was no love interest and that it focused on the mother/daughter relationship. I loved that it was the MOTHER that did the defending in the end. And, of course, I loved that the theme was charting your own path. What did you guys think?

    @DC Diva: Where's the best place to print photos? I remember you asked on Facebook. Did you like the results?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Post more when you can. I am amazed that you already organized the girls closets, that's where I just shove things I can't find a place for and quickly shut the door. Moving is a beast, but looking at your pictures, it will be well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow- I'll have to check out Brave- a kid movie where the mother wasn't dead OR evil?! Amazing.

    I love your kitchen! I just love all the woodwork- so beautiful. And horses next door!! It is our dream to someday live on horse property and have a horse. I hope you become friends with the horsey neighbors!

    Good luck with the rest of the unpacking, and congratulations on putting it all in such a fun new place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your new place and all of the great features!! Seriously just looking at your garage made me drool a little :) (considering ours is detached and built in 1925 with giant cracks in the cement floor). The kitchen is gorgeous and I love that you have a walk-in closet!! Hooray for moving and good things to come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i loved Brave for all the reasons you said! people have been saying they didn't like it, but i was really happy with it. the plot seemed pretty simple and yes, maybe reminiscent of Brother Bear, but all that goes away because it is about a MOTHER and DAUGHTER learning to love and understand each other. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete