Miss Piper has become a fully fledged member of the Lost Tooth Club. She lost her third this week. It's funny/sad to watch the process of teeth loosening and falling out of your beautiful little daughter's mouth. This last tooth was especially interesting to observe.
She started like this:
Lovely little teeth all lined up in a row. Piper has never even had so much as a cavity.
But then the trouble began:
And it got worse:
Suddenly, her smile started to remind me of Austen Powers or Cletus, the Slack-Jawed Yokel:
Then it got positively disgusting:
And then it got intolerable. She came home from school with it twisted sideways with the root sticking out. I had to insist we pull the tooth before dance class so it wouldn't fly out and injure someone. Or become lodged in her throat:
It was traumatic and she wasn't happy about pulling it. (I wasn't exactly thrilled myself.) But we were all relieved when it was out and under her pillow for The Tooth Fairy:
I have to admit, I'm awfully fond of her smile even if it's full of gaps now :)


Oh my little Piper. Always smiling even with a few tears in her eyes!
ReplyDeleteGood ones!! Loved the Austen Powers comparison! Piper looks great with a gap :)
ReplyDelete