Friday, March 16, 2012

St. Patty's Day Fun

We've gotten into the spirit of the Irish around these parts.  The girls got fancy with some shamrock ponytails today:



I found a really good tutorial here.  It's a little tricky, but not too bad.  It took me 25 minutes to do both girls (but that counts wetting their hair down, which was kind of a process).  These were my first try.  I think I'll do better tomorrow :)  The girls told me they were a hit at school.  And yes, if you come over to my house, I will do a shamrock ponytail for you!  Heaven knows I need the practice.

In other news, Carter placed in his company's limerick contest (again).  The man is kind of a genius when it comes to those catchy little poems. He pointed out that there's a very cool contest over on the Imagine Learning blog with some pretty great prizes.  So, if you're so inclined, you should give it a shot!  And if you need help, may I direct you to this gem (yes, it's still a family favorite this time of year):




Finally, my darling aunt gets to celebrate her birthday on this day of Irish fun.  Mimi, if you're reading, happy 29th!

And to the rest of you, Happy St. Patrick's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love that video! We're writing poetry for Mia's school the last couple of weeks- we'll have to try this again.

    I still can't get over their hair. I tried out one of that gal's braid ideas... she makes it all look so effortless!! I'm gonna need to work on my skillz because I want to try all of them now. Thanks again for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete